As founder and Partner of Angelos Law Group, Lauren Angelos focuses her practice on the representation of juveniles and adults accused of misdemeanors and felonies in the criminal justice system, as well as DUI and traffic matters. Her passion for justice and holding police officers and prosecutors accountable makes her an unparalleled advocate.
A native of Santa Barbara, California, Ms. Angelos began her work in the legal field answering phones and running errands for a criminal defense and family law office. While the position was initially administrative, Ms. Angelos developed a strong interest in the law; a passion that would lead her to law school as she worked her way up to Legal Secretary.
Ms. Angelos received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Pepperdine University of Malibu, California, graduating with Honors. Thereafter, she moved to San Diego, California to attend Thomas Jefferson School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctorate.
During her time in law school, Ms. Angelos worked with both the San Diego Office of the Primary Public Defender and the Office of the Alternate Public Defender, handling adult and juvenile matters for clients in the Central Misdemeanor Unit, Adult Felony Division, and Juvenile Delinquency Division, graduating with Pro Bono Honors for providing well over 400 hours of free legal work to clients. This tenure made it clear that there was only one career path for Ms. Angelos; criminal defense.
Upon graduation, Ms. Angelos was offered a position at a prestigious criminal defense firm in San Diego, California. During her time with the firm, Ms. Angelos gained unparalleled experience and a keen understanding of the serious collateral consequences that can follow from even the most simple misdemeanor conviction, such as the potential loss of a job, career, security clearance, teaching credential, professional license, in addition to significant jail time. Because of this, no case is too small.
Ms. Angelos also served as the firm’s Veteran Liaison, working with the Public Defenders Office to spread awareness and training to the private bar regarding such collaborative and specialty courts as Veterans Diversion and Veterans Court.
In 2015, Ms. Angelos opened Angelos Law Group and continues her work in criminal defense. She is committed to the intelligent and effective representation of the firm’s clients.
The firm also handles post-conviction matters, such as Probation Violations, Motions for Early Termination of Probation, Expungements, and Pardons. She is licensed to practice law in all state courts in the state of California and the United States District Court, Southern District.
To hear from Ms. Angelos’ past clients, please visit her Avvo page where she has a ‘superb’ five star rating.
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys “Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 In San Diego” for 2016 & 2017
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys by the The National Trial Lawyers for 2016
- 10 Best Attorneys in Client Satisfaction for 2016 by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys for 2016 & 2017
- 10 Best Law Firms in Client Satisfaction for 2016 by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys for 2016 & 2017
- National Academy of Jurisprudence “100 Premier Trial Attorneys” in the State of California
- Semi-Finalist as San Diego’s Best Criminal Lawyer by Fine Magazine for 2016
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Criminal Defense 2016
- Deans Scholarship – Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Corporate and White Collar Crime
- Jefferson Medal – Corporate and White Collar Crime
- Witkin Award of Excellence – Corporate and White Collar Crime
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CAJC)
- Criminal Defense Bar Association (CDBA)
- Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Club (CDLC)
- National College of DUI Defense (NCDD)
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National Academy of Jurisprudence
- The National Trial Lawyers
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys (AIDUIA)
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Lawyers of Distinction
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association